Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Team Work = Dream Work!

Ok team CHARLIE!!  Yolanda asked me to post some healthy recipes and I thought quickly making a blog that you guys can check out would be the easiest way to go.  I'll try and put up at least one recipe a day - and any time I make a meal that hits the ratios I will DEFINITELY post it here. If anything, maybe this will give you some new ideas - I know eating right can get kind of boring sometimes.

That being said, for most of the recipes I put up, especially dinner recipes, there will be notes like "have a cup of cherries, or other fruit, for dessert" or "have a 1/4 sweet potato on the side". Obviously, this is because the recipe itself doesn't hit the 40% Carb, 30% Protein, 30% Fat ratio.  I will try to make as many of them full meals with the right ratios, however, often times cooking oil is needed and that jacks up the fat %, requiring an additional food that maybe doesn't make total sense with the meal.

I'm figuring this out, too, and will try to tweak my recipes that I already use to fit the ratios, but you gotta bare with me.  The hardest part for me, as it seems with many other 732-ers that I've talked to is hitting the carb ratio.  It's either a crap ton of veggies, or adding potatoes back into out diets, which many of us aren't used to.  I did some research (MarksDailyApple.com is a great source), and it seems that potatoes, ESPECIALLY sweet potatoes, maybe aren't as bad as we thought.  The consensus seems to be to listen to your body and if you eat them and feel shitty - stop eating them.  Fresh fruit and fruit juice (FRESH SQUEEZED!) is another way I've been able to start balancing out the ratios as well.

We're already doing great, keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment